Origin: Supplements or food sources such as chicken, turkey, yogurt, cheese, eggs, sunflower seeds and legumes.
Also Known As:
Overview: N-Acetyl-Cysteinebetter known as NAC is derived from the amino acid L-cysteine. N-Acetyl-Cysteine is used in a wide variety of sports supplementation to help reduce high levels of blood fat, assist with kidney and liver health, as well as being an antioxidant.
It helps replenish the body’s stores of the antioxidant glutathione and it is also regarded for its role in detoxifying the body from heavy metals. It also helps with chronic respiratory conditions, fertility, and brain health.
- Promoting the production of glutathione which aids in fending off free radicals
- Prevention of cellular oxidative damage
- Countering the effects of alcohol toxicity
- Prevention of kidney and liver damage
- Mucolytic Therapy
- Improving muscle performance
- Reduction of tissue inflammation
Common Dosage: 600 mg per day