Origin: Found as an accessory pigment in the chloroplasts of brown algae
Also Known As:
Brown seaweed extract
Overview: Fucoxanthin is a carotenoid found in brown seaweed. Research on this substance has shown that it induces G1 cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in various cancer cell lines and tumor growth in animal models of cancer. It has also been shown to reduce weight, improve blood lipid profiles, and decrease insulin resistance in animal models of obesity.
- Reducing inflammation
- Promoting the healthy function of the liver, blood vessels, brain, bones, skin, and eus
- Stimulating the production of DHA
- Treating and preventing obesity
- Aiding in diabetes management
- Potentially fighting certain forms of cancer
Common Dosage: Currently there is no standard dosage for fucoxanthin.