Origin: Pulverized root of Dong Quai
Also Known As:
Overview: Dong Quai root powder is the dried and pulverized root of Angelica sinensis or Dong Quai. It is widely used in Chinese traditional medicine in the belief it benefits women’s health, cardiovascular conditions, osteoarthrosis, inflammation, headache, infections, mild anemia, fatigue and high blood pressure.
It contains compounds that help reduce inflammation and stimulate immunity phytosterols, polysaccharides, ligustilide, butylphthalide, cnidilide, isoenidilide, p-cymene, ferulate, and flavonoids.
- Treating headaches
- Alleviating symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
- Soothing menstrual cramps
- Treating fibroid
- Treating nasal and/or sinus congestion
- Treating rheumatoid arthritis
- Soothing hot flashes in women going through menopause
Common Dosage: 2000 mg to 3000 mg per day divided into three doses