Origin: Derived from damiana (turnera diffusa) plants native to Mexico, Central America, and South America.
Also Known As:
Overview: Damiana extract is derived from the damiana, a plant native to mexico, Central Americ, and South America. It contains various phytochemicals including damianin; tetraphyllin B; gonzalitosin I; arbutin; tricosan-2-one; acacetin; p-cymene; β-sitosterol; 1,8-cineole; apigenin; α-pinene; β-carotene; β-pinene; tannins; thymol; and hexacosanol.
It also contains 22 flavonoids, maltol glucoside, and phenolics, 7 cyanogenic glycosides, monoterpenoids, sesquiterpenoids, triterpenoids, the polyterpene ficaprenol-11, fatty acids, and caffeine.
The extract from damiana has been found to suppress aromatase activity, including the isolated compounds pinocembrin and acacetin.
- Increasing sexual desire and performance, while decreasing impotence Treating constipation
- Reducing depression, nervousness and anxiety
- Fighting PMS symptoms, muscle aches, insomnia, headaches and pain
- Improving digestive health and relieving constipation
- Fighting other conditions, including anemia, diabetes, respiratory infections, fungal diseases and skin disorders
Common Dosage: 400 to 800 mg per day