Origin: Extracted from red peppers or chili peppers
Also Known As:
Hot pepper extract
Overview: Capsicum Extract is a compound derived from the red pepper or chili pepper and is used to make medicine. Capsicum Extract is used for a variety of problems with digestion including upset stomach, intestinal gas, and cramps. Capsicum Extract is also used for conditions of the heart and blood vessels including poor circulation, excessive blood clotting, high cholesterol, and preventing heart disease.
- Alleviating digestive problems including upset stomach, intestinal gas, stomach pain, diarrhea, and cramps
- Improving blood circulation
- Preventing excessive blood clotting
- Lowering cholesterol
- Relieving pain from a variety of causes including shingles, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia
- Relieving muscle spasms
- Treating migraines, cluster headaches, and sinus infections
- Potentially supporting weight loss through suppressing appetite and promoting fat burning
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage for Capsicum Extract is 22 mg applied topically every 4 to 8 hours daily for pain relief.