Overview: Cyanocobalamin is a manufactured form of vitamin B 12 used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency. It is usually prescribed after surgical removal of part or all of the stomach or intestine to ensure adequate serum levels of vitamin B 12.
It is also used to treat pernicious anemia, vitamin B 12 deficiency (due to low intake from food), thyrotoxicosis, hemorrhage, malignancy, liver disease and kidney disease.
- Helping red blood cell formation and anemia formation
- Supporting bone health
- Preventing osteoporosis
- Reducing risk of macular degeneration
- Improving mood and symptoms of depression
- Preventing loss of neurons
- Providing an energy boost
- Decreasing homocysteine
- Supporting healthy hair, skin, and nails
Common Dosage: The suggested dosage for Cyanocobalamin depends on the intended use. Taken as a dietary supplement, the common dosage is 50 to 6000 mcg per day. Meanwhile for treating pernicious anemia, the recommended dose is 100 mcg.