Origin: Dried and pulverized rhizomes of Cucurma longa or the ginger family
Also Known As:
Overview: Turmeric root powder is the dried and pulverized rhizome of cucurma longa. It is used for arthritis, stomach pain, loss of appetite, liver problems, and heartburn. Tumeric can also be used for headaches, colds, lung infections, depression, bruising, eye infections, and infected wounds.
- Slowing down or preventing blood clots
- Reducing symptoms of depression
- Fighting inflammation
- Boosting skin health
- Alleviating the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Managing diabetes symptoms
- Combating obesity
- Regulating cholesterol levels
- Managing pain
- Increasing the liver’s ability to detoxify the body
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage of Tumeric is 500mg twice daily.