Origin: Rhizomes of Curcuma longa or turmeric
Also Known As:
Overview: Tumeric is a plant that has a warm, bitter taste and is typically used to flavor curry powders mustards, butters, and cheese. It is used for arthritis, stomach pain, loss of appetite, liver problems, and heartburn. Tumeric can also be used for headaches, colds, lung infections, depression, bruising, eye infections, and infected wounds.
- Slowing down or preventing blood clots
- Reducing symptoms of depression
- Fighting inflammation
- Boosting skin health
- Alleviating the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Managing diabetes symptoms
- Combating obesity
- Regulating cholesterol levels
- Managing pain
- Increasing the liver’s ability to detoxify the body
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage of Tumeric is 500mg twice daily.