Origin: Selenium may be sourced from food such as brazil nuts, halibut, yellowfin tuna, oysters, sunflower seeds, shiitake mushrooms, chicken, eggs, and sardines.
Overview: Selenium citrate is the supplement form of the essential nutrient selenium. It is necessary in the body’s production of selenoproteins, a family of proteins that contain selenium in the form of an amino acid.
These selenoproteins are involved in many important processes in the body including embryo development, thyroid hormone metabolism, antioxidant defense, sperm production, muscle function and the immune system’s response to vaccinations.
- Supporting antioxidant activity in the body
- Reducing the risk for certain cancers
- Protecting against heart disease
- Preventing mental decline
- Supporting healthy thyroid function
- Boosting the immune system
- Reducing asthma symptoms
Common Dosage: 200 mcg