Origin: Supplements or food sources such as fish, beef liver, meats, potatoes, yams and other starchy vegetables, eggs and non-citrus fruit.
Also Known As:
Overview: Pyridoxine is better known as Vitamin B6 that can be found in foods such as grains, beans, meats, and eggs. Vitamin B6 is used for a variety of things such as boosting the immune system, eye infections, bladder infections; preventing kidney stones, allergies, reduction in excess prolactin (males), preventing eye disease, as well as increasing appetite and helping people remember dreams.
- Improving mood and reducing symptoms of depression
- Improving brain function
- Promoting hemoglobin production and preventing anemia
- Treating symptoms of PMS
- Alleviating nausea during pregnancy
- Preventing clogged arteries
- Reducing heart disease
- Promoting eye health
- Addressing inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage for Vitamin B6 is 25 mg to 30 mg daily.