Origin: Extracted from the leaves of the peppermint (mentha piperita) plant
Also Known As: Mentha Piperita
Overview: Peppermint leaf can be used for the common cold, inflammation of the mouth and throat, sinus infections, respiratory infections, digestive problems, heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome, and cramps of the upper gastrointestinal tract. Peppermint Leaf is also used as a stimulant to help with weight loss.
- Easing an upset stomach
- Relieving tension headaches
- Relieving clogged sinuses
- Improving energy and reducing daytime fatigue
- Relieving menstrual cramps
- Fighting bacterial infections
- Promoting weight loss
- Increasing alertness and concentration
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage of Peppermint Leaf is 90 mg daily.