Origin: Derived from a mushroom called Hericium erinaceus or Lion’s Mane mushrooms native to North America, Europe, and Asia.
Also Known As:
Hou tou gu
Monkey head mushroom
Bearded tooth mushroom
Bearded hedgehog mushroom
Pom pom mushroom
Bearded tooth fungus
Overview: Organic Lion’s mushroom is an edible fungus native to North America, Europ, and Asia. It contains a number of polysaccharides, such as B-glucan, heteroglucans, and heteroxylans, as well as several cyathane derivative diterpenoids known as hericenones and erinacines.
- Protecting against dementia
- Relieving mild symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Speeding recovery from nervous system injuries
- Protecting against ulcer in the digestive tract
- Reducing risk for heart disease
- Managing diabetes symptoms
- Potentially fighting cancer
- Reducing inflammation and oxidative stress
- Boosting the immune system
Common Dosage: Currently there is no standard dosage for Lion’s Mane mushroom. However, studies have used 750 mg per day divided into three doses.