Origin: Derived from Gymnema sylvestre, a woody vine that grows in the tropical areas of India, Africa, and Australia.
Also Known As:
Overview: Gymnema Extract 75% is derived from a perennial woody vine that grows in tropical areas of India, Africa, and Australia and has been used for medicinal purposes in Ayurvedic medicine.
It is traditionally used for treating various illnesses including diabetes, malaria, and snakebites. It is also believed that gymnema aids in inhibiting sugar absorption.
- Reducing sugar cravings by suppressing sweetness
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Increasing insulin production
- Improving cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Potentially aiding weight loss
- Reducing inflammation
Common Dosage: 2 to 4 grams of powder or 100 mg of capsules