Origin: Leaves of the perennial plant Gotu kola (Centella Asiatica
Also Known As:
Overview: Gotu Kolais an herb that is commonly used in Traditional Chinese and Ayurveda medicine. Gotu kola is used to treat bacterial, viral, or parasitic infections such as urinary tract infection, shingles, leprosy, cholera, dysentery, syphilis, the common cold, influenza, H1N1 (swine) flu, elephantiasis, tuberculosis, and schistosomiasis. Gotu kola contains certain chemicals that seem to decrease inflammation and also decrease blood pressure. Gotu kola also seems to increase collagen production, which is important for wound healing.
- Boosting cognitive function
- Treating Alzheimer’s disease
- Reducing anxiety and stress
- Relieving symptoms of depression
- Improving circulation and reducing swelling
- Easing insomnia
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks
- Promoting wound healing
- Minimizing scarring
- Relieving joint pain
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage for Gotu Kola is 60mg – 180mg per day in healthy adults.