Origin: Rhizomes of the ginger (Zingiber officinale) plant
Also Known As:
Overview: Ginger root is is traditionally used as a spice and for traditional medicine. It is commonly used to treat various types of stomach problems such as motion sickness, morning sickness, upset stomach, gas, nausea and loss of appetite. Ginger Root is also used to cure pain relief from arthritis, muscle soreness, chest pain, lower back pain, and stomach pains.
- Treating nausea
- Reducing muscle pain and soreness
- Reducing inflammation caused by arthritis
- Lowering blood sugar
- Decreasing risk for heart disease
- Treating chronic indigestion
- Reducing menstrual pain
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Improving brain function
- Protecting against Alzheimer’s disease
- Fighting infections
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage for Ginger Root is 250mg 4 times daily in healthy adults.