Origin: Can be sourced from supplements and from food such as egg whites, free-range chicken, turkey, wild-caught fish, seaweed and spirulina, brazil nuts, oats, sesame seeds, and sunflower butter.
Also Known As:
Overview:DL-Methionine is an essential amino acid. This compound is added as a supplement to ensure the specific requirement for this amino acid is satisfied. DL-Methionine is used to prevent the formation of magnesium ammonium phosphate crystals in the urine, aid in controlling the odor from feline and canine urine residues, and help with the urinary tract.
- Reducing risk of colorectal cancer
- Lowering tremors in Parkinson’s patients
- Building bone strength
- Aiding in weight loss due to creatine creation
- Supporting liver health
- Increasing glutathione levels
- Improving the health of the immune system
- Helping the immune system
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage of DL-Methionine is 13 mg per kg or body weight per day in adults.