Origin: Produced by the adrenal glands but can also be sourced from supplements
Also Known As:
Overview: Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), also known as androstenolone, is an endogenous steroid hormone. It is one of the most abundant circulating steroids in humans. It is produced in the adrenal glands, gonads, and the brain.
It functions as a metabolic intermediate in the biosynthesis of the androgen and estrogen sex steroids both in the gonads and in various other tissues.
- Increasing bone density
- Increasing testosterone levels in the body
- Some supplement forms may be effective for fat loss
- Potentially improving symptoms of depression
- Potentially improving sexual function, fertility, and libido
- Correcting some adrenal problems
Common Dosage: 25 to 50 mg per day