Origin: Supplement form of the naturally-occuring D-Ribose
Also Known As:
Overview: D-Ribose powder is a dietary supplement made from a naturally-occuring sugar molecule made derived from blood glucose. It is commonly sold as a workout supplement that helps reduce fatigue and improve athletic performance.
D-ribose has also been suggested for use in the management of congestive heart failure (as well as other forms of heart disease) and for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also called myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME).
- Aiding in the recovery of cellular energy stores
- Improving heart function in people with heart disease
- Improving symptoms of pain disorders like fibromyalgia
- Improving exercise performance
- Improving muscle function
Common Dosage: Currently, there is no standard dose for D-Ribose. However, it is commonly taken in 5-gram dosages as a workout enhancer.