Origin: Naturally occurring in the body but can also be sourced from supplements.
Also Known As:
Overview: D-Ribose is a kind of sugar that is produced in the body and is an essential component of Adenosine Triphosphate. In supplement form, D-Ribose is used to improve athletic performance and the ability to exercise by increasing muscle energy. It has also been used to improve symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, cramping, pain, and stiffness after exercise.
- Potentially aiding in the recovery of cellular energy stores
- Improving energy production in the heart muscle
- Potentially aiding in managing symptoms of pain disorders such as fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome
- Improving exercise performance
- Improving muscle function
Common Dosage:The recommended dosage for D-Ribose is 15 grams four times daily in healthy adults.