Origin: Proprietary form of citiccoline
Also Known As:
Citicoline sodium salt
IP 302 sodium
Overview: Cognizin is a patented form of citicline that supplies the brain with the energy it needs to stay sharp. It is used to treat age-related memory loss, cerebrovascular diseases such as stroke, dementia, as well as head trauma.
Research has shown that citicoline increases a chemical called phosphatidylcholine which is important for brain function. Citicoline might also decrease brain tissue damage when the brain is injured. Citicoline is also said to help with weight management when used as a dietary supplement.
- Improving memory and behavior among patients with cerebrovascular diseases such as stroke
- Treating age-related memory loss
- Relieving symptoms of attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder
- Potentially improving memory
- Improving muscle strength among people who have suffered from a stroke
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage of Cognizin is 1000mg to 2000mg daily in healthy adults.