Origin: Derived from citrus fruits
Also Known As:
Overview: Citrus Bioflavonoids are bioactive compounds derived from citrus fruits. They are used for a variety of uses such as antioxidant protection, circulatory health, as well as immune system support. Citrus bioflavonoids are derived from fruits high in vitamin C, and they appear to act synergistically with the vitamin to neutralize free radicals. Bioflavonoids’ antioxidant properties are thought to be particularly beneficial for capillary strength.
- INcreasing antioxidant defenses in the body
- Scavenging free radicals
- Preventing or treating atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, and allergic asthma
- Cardiovascular protection
- Protecting nerve cells from damage
- Helping improve blood flow to the brain
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage for Citrus Bioflavonoids is 2000 mg to 6000 mg daily in healthy adults.