Origin: Derived from a succulent vine from Africa and Asia
Also Known As:
Overview: Cissus Quadrangularis is one of the most commonly used medicinal plants in Thailand, and is also used in traditional African and Ayurvedic medicine. It is used for obesity, high cholesterol, metabolic syndrome, muscle enhancement, and improving testosterone levels in men.
- quadrangularis has been found to contain carotenoids, triterpenoids, and ascorbic acid. The plant also produces the resveratrol dimer quadrangularin A.
- Promoting bone health
- Reducing joint pain and swelling
- Preventing metabolic syndrome
- Promoting weight loss
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Reducing inflammation
- Preventing asthma attacks
- Supporting immunity
Common Dosage: Currently, there is no official recommended dosage for Cissus quadrangularis. However, typical supplements recommend a dosage of 500 to 100 mg per day.