Origin: Species of thistle native to East Asia including Japan and Korea
Also Known As:
Overview: Cirsium Japonicum is a species of thistle native to Japan and Korea. It is known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, hemostatic, and cooling properties. Contains the active compounds beta sitosterol, stigmasterol, caryophyllene, and inulin which contribute to its health-giving benefits.
- Treating abscesses and burns
- Lowering blood pressure
- Preventing uterine bleeding
- Treating bloody stools
- Maintaining gall bladder health
- Potentially aiding in diabetes treatment
- Potentially treating Alzheimer’s symptoms
Common Dosage: Laboratory tests have used varying doses of Cirsium Japonicum ranging from 50 mg to 400 mg. However, there is no standard dose for it at the moment.