Origin: Pulverized inner bark of Cinnamon
Also Known As:
Overview: Cinnamon bark powder is a spice and aromatic condiment used to flavor a wide variety of food items. It is obtained by pulverizing the inner bask of several tree species from the genus Cinnammum.
Apart from its culinary uses, it has also been used in modern naturopathic medicine as a natural treatment for type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol.
Cinnamon is naturally low in fat and sugar and is an excellent source of vitamin K, iron, calcium, manganese, and dietary fiber. Moreover, it is loaded with powerful antioxidants including polyphenols.
- Reducing inflammation
- Cutting the risk of heart disease
- Improving insulin sensitivity
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Potentially aiding in the improvement of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s symptoms
- Potentially protecting against certain types of cancer
- Fighting bacterial and fungal infections due to the active compound cinnamaldehyde
- Potentially fighting the HIV virus
Common Dosage: 2 to 4 grams of powder a day