Origin: Derived from the bark of the cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum) plant
Also Known As:
Overview: Cinnamon Bark Extract is used for stimulating appetite, helping with gastrointestinal problems, and is thought to reduce spasms, reduce gas (flatulence), and stimulate the appetite. Cinnamon might also increase blood flow. Cinnamon bark also contains a chemical that might work like insulin to lower blood sugar.
- Protecting the body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals
- Reducing inflammation which helps fight infections and promotes the repair of tissue damage
- Reducing the levels of LDL cholesterol and stabilizing HDL levels
- Improving insulin sensitivity
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Fighting bacterial and fungal infections
Common Dosage: At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for Ceylon cinnamon.