Origin: Made from the seeds of several plants in the genera Elettaria and Amomum
Also Known As:
Overview: Cardamom is a spice made from the seeds of several plants in the genera Elettaria and Amomum in the family Zingiberaceae. It is native to the forests of India.
It contains high levels of antioxidants that protect cells from free radical damage. Its natural phytochemicals have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory abilities that could improve health.
- Potentially lowering blood pressure most likely due to its antioxidant and diuretic properties
- Potentially fighting cancer and stop the growth of tumor
- Decreasing inflammation and preventing inflammatory diseases
- Protecting against digestive issues
- Treating halitosis and preventing cavities
- Aiding in the treatment of infections due to its antibacterial properties
- Improving breathing and oxygen use by stimulating better oxygen uptake and relaxing air passage to the lungs
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Protecting the liver
- Aiding in weight loss