Origin: Derived from the black pepper fruit (Piper nigrum) plant.
Also Known As:
Overview: Black Pepper Fruit Extract has been used for centuries in traditional Eastern medicine as a treatment for pain, inflammation, and gastrointestinal distress.
Research also shows that Black Pepper Fruit Extract has weight management properties because piperine from Black Pepper Fruit Extract may block fat cell formation. Black Pepper Fruit Extract is also suggested to have anti-cancer properties and cognitive enhancement and anti-depressant effects.
- Facilitating digestion by increasing the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach
- Assisting in breaking down fat cells
- Stimulating melanocytes which may provide relief from vitiligo
- Treating colds and cough and relieving sinusitis and nasal congestion
- Fighting against infections and insect bites
- Increasing the bioavailability of compounds in the body
- Relieving peptic ulcers
Common Dosage: The typical dosage of black pepper extract for the purpose of enhancing the absorption of other supplements is 20 mg per day.