Origin: Naturally-occurs in the body but can be sourced from food such as beets, spinach, cereals, seafood, and wine.
Also Known As:
Overview: Betaine anhydrous is a compound present in beets, spinach, wine, seafood, and cereals. It helps in the metabolism of a chemical called homocysteine. Homocysteine is involved in the normal function of many different parts of the body, including blood, bones, eyes, heart, muscles, nerves, and the brain.
IT is also a common ingredient in workout supplements and is known for it capacity to improve exercise performance and improving body composition.
- Increasing power and strength during exercise
- Improving endurance and reducing fatigue
- Increasing lean muscle mass and decreasing body fat
- Decreasing risk factor for heart disease.
- Improving glucose tolerance, maintaining glucose balance, and improving insulin sensitivity
- Increasing antioxidants such as S-adenosylmethionine and glutathione levels in the body
- Lowering risk of developing cancer
- Treating depression
- Improving brain function
- Treating autism symptoms
- Treating non-alcoholic and alcoholic liver injuries
- Protecting the kidneys
- Relieving skin irritation
- Protecting hair cells from environmental damage
- Relieving dry mouth
- Increasing new bone formation
Common Dosage: 6 grams per day