Origin: Gathered by worker honeybees from flower pollen. It is a mixture of flower pollen, nectar, enzymes, honey, wax, and other bee secretions.
Also Known As:
Overview: Bee pollen granules, often called bee bread or ambrosia, are pellets of flower pollen gathered by worker honeybees. It consists of simple sugars, protein, minerals, vitamins, and fatty acids. It serves as the main source of nourish for bee hives. It contains up to 250 substances and due to its nutrient-dense nature, it is also gathered and used as an herbal supplement and is touted as a superfood.
- Protecting against free radicals and chronic diseases due to its excellent antioxidant content
- Lowering risk factors for heart disease
- Boosting liver function
- Reducing inflammation and swelling
- Boosting immunity
- Aiding wound healing
- Preventing infections
- Potentially treating and preventing cancers
- Easing menopause symptoms
- Improving the body’s ability to utilize nutrients
Common Dosage: Currently there is no information yet on the standard dosage for bee pollen granules.