Origin: Rhizomes of the atractylodes plant
Also Known As:
Overview: Atractylodes Root is the roots from the Atractylodes plant that is used to make medicine. Atractylodes root is used to help treat indigestion, fluid retention, loss of appetite, weight loss, and joint pain. Atractylodes is used with other herbs in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for treating of dialysis, a mechanical method for “cleaning the blood” when the kidneys have failed.
- Invigorating the spleen
- Soothing indigestion and stomach ache
- Reducing bloating and fluid retention
- Addressing loss of appetite
- Alleviating allergies due to dust mites
- Reducing joint pain caused by rheumatism
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage for Atractylodes Root depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions.