Origin: Extracted from the artichoke (Cynara cardunculus var. scolymus) plant
Also Known As:
Overview: Artichoke extracts are used as medicine around the world. Artichoke Leaf Extract is used for lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar levels, increase urine flow, can be used as a tonic or stimulant, as well as lowering high cholesterol. It contains polyphenolic compounds such as chlorogenic acid, cynarin, and luteolin.
- Treating indigestion
- Treating irritable bowel syndrome
- Protecting cells against hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress
- Supporting liver detoxification
- Lowering cholesterol
- Lowering blood pressure
- Protecting the heart
- Improving skin health
- Managing symptoms of diabetes
- Inhibiting fungal activity
- Protecting against lead toxicity
Common Dosage: The recommended dosage for Artichoke Leaf Extract is 320 mg to 640 mg three times daily.