Origin: Animal sources such as meat and eggs or synthesized from linoleic acid. It can also be found in peanut oil.
Also Known As:
Overview: Arachidonic acid is a conditionally essential fatty acid. It is responsible for muscle inflammation which is why it is widely sold as a bodybuilding supplement. The body synthesizes it into inflammatory molecules which also helps heal and restore the function of damaged tissues.
Its main active components include prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and thromboxanes. These are responsible for immune function, smooth muscle contraction, and blood clotting.
- Promoting healthy infant development
- Increasing anaerobic capacity and reducing inflammation
- Increasing lean body mass
- Improving upper body strength and peak power
- Treating parasitic infections
Common Dosage: 1 gram to 1.5 grams per day