Origin: Can be derived from fruits and vegetables most notable from parsley, celery, celeriac,and chamomile tea.
Also Known As:
C.I. Natural Yellow 1
Overview: Apigenin is a flavonoid present in many fruits and vegetables. Its most abundant in parsley, celery, celeriac,and chamomile tea. It is known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, and antioxidant properties.
It is commonly used to reduce anxiety when administered in high doses. It may also be used as a sedative. It is also used to dye wool in its yellow crystalline solid form.
- Decreasing inflammation
- Blocking the enzyme COX-2 which is responsible for tumor formation
- Lowering cholesterol and obesity indicator levels
- Protecting neurons in patients with stroke
- Helping mood and brain function
- Lowering cortisol
- Reducing blood sugar levels
- Improving bone healing
- Healing skin conditions like dermatitis
- Lowering blood pressure
- Promoting sleep
Common Dosage: 3 mg to 10 mg per kg body weight