Also Known As:
Overview: 5-Hydroxytryptophan is a chemical product of the protein building block L-tryptophan. It is used for sleep disorders, depression, anxiety, and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). 5-HTP works in the brain and central nervous system by increasing the production of the chemical serotonin. Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation.
- Aiding in weight loss by promoting the sensation of satiety
- Increasing serotonin levels in the body and helping manage symptoms of depression
- Improving symptoms of fibromyalgia
- Reducing frequency of migraines
- Increasing melatonin production and promoting restful sleep
Common Dosage: The recommended dose of 5-HTP depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. The general dosage range is 300-500 mg, taken either once daily or in divided doses